As I stated in my last post of this nature, my goal for this week was to combine all three PCR products and get them ligated into the first vector, pGEMTeasy. In short, I failed. However, I did get quite a bit accomplished. For ease, I've posted the picture from last week. (Come on, you know you love it.)
As far as the PCR goes, I completed PCR round three for 20 of the 26.
Of those 20, 13 of the PCR products were successfully ligated into the first cloning vector and are getting sent off for sequencing today. (I am dreading looking at all this sequencing data. I freaking hate it! It bores me to tears.) I will ligate the remaining 7 PCR products (which I just obtained overnight) over the weekend and transform them on Monday.
So, in all, not quite where I wanted to be, but not exactly too far behind either.
My goal for the end of next week is to get the final 6 PCR products created (i.e. combine segments 1,2 and 3) and ligated into the first cloning vector. Obviously, everything needs to get sequenced. Finally, I hope to sub-clone at least half (that's 13) of the pGEMTeasy constructs into the final vector.