Thursday, June 4, 2009

Soundtrack to my Science: Coming down the mountain

I find myself in front of the old FPLC machine again. As I've mentioned before it's boring and is mostly just baby-sitting and switching out buffers. Time to find some music. 
Since it's really easy to get caught up in listening to new music and neglect or even forget about other groups that you used to love, I decided to listen to some tunes that, according to my iPod, are underplayed.

So, for this round of FPLCing I chose Jane's Addiction. In case you are wondering, both albums aided my purification nicely and I've got the fat, single bands to prove it.

On a side note, if I ever hear a female speaking spanish over speaker, the song Stop gets stuck in my head immediately and plays on a continuos loop. This happened upon arrival at the hotel in Mexico a couple of months ago.









7 comments:

Thomas Joseph said...

Currently listening to Linkin Park here. I'm finding it harder and harder to find current music worth listening to.

microbiologist xx said...

That is not surprising. My husband typically uses pitchfork media to find new music, and we have had a lot of luck with it, but none of the music is something you will hear on the radio or on a "music" channel.
If you are interested, I could give you a list of some of the bands we have been listening to lately since it seems like we have similar taste or at least our tastes have some overlap.

Tom said...

Sure, I am always game for new music.

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

I listen to a lot of new music podcasts (BBC / CBC / NPR / IndieFeed / Triple J), and it's a great way to find new bands

AA's BH said...

Thanks for reminding me to dig out some Jane's Addiction. Been too long. I also try to listen to several radio shows on the BBC (don't always find the time though). They don't have ads either, which is a bonus. I also use Pandora a bit. It takes a bit of training but I now have a few stations that are fairly reliable.

microbiologist xx said...

AA's BH - I have only tried Pandora once and I thought it was OK. I keep meaning to go back and play around some more, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

tideliar said...

I fucking love Janes Addiction. I remember buying the album in...1986? Changed my life >:)