Saturday, August 23, 2008

You say it's your birthday!

Well it's my birthday too, yeah!

My second cousin (or first cousin once removed?? I'm not sure.) shares my birthday, but he is two years older. As children, we were in my Aunts wedding as the flower girl and ring bearer. This year, this same Aunt, sent around a picture of us to remind everyone that our birthday was coming up. It didn't cost a penny, but it is the best present I have gotten so far this year...if you don't count my freakin' awesome iPhone. Holla!!
o.O
My fiance totally surprised me with it. Since he already told me that he pre-ordered Spore* for my birthday, I wasn't really expecting any more presents from him. On friday, he found out that a shipment of iPhones was coming in, so he bought one and transferred my service to it. Just before he handed it to me, I was getting pissy because my cell phone had zero bars and I was supposed to call NDB when we were leaving our house, and we were already well on our way. Lancelot (fiance) pulled out the iPhone and said, "Here, why don't you try this?" and handed it to me. A freak out ensued.
Yes, I am very excited about getting an iPhone, and yes, I probably qualify as one of those mac freaks. I'm not on the level of mac freak where I throw a box-opening party when I buy a new computer, but I do likes my apple products. And besides, who am I to judge what qualifies as a reason to throw a party. Alcohol, macs and geeks, oh my.
Anyway. Here is the picture of mini-2nd cousin and mini-xx! What a surprise, I'm not paying attention. Some things never change. ;)


* I have been waiting for Spore to come out for a very, very long time. When I heard that it was actually getting released in September, I realized one thing: I had to graduate before Spore went on sale. I couldn't enjoy the game and play it all weekend long, sitting in the dark on my couch, shades drawn, if I was trying to finish my thesis. Well, I almost made it. Spore comes out a couple of weeks before my defense. As I have mentioned, I am already behind in writing my dissertation and I certainly cannot afford a distraction on the magnitude of Spore. It must be hidden as soon as it gets here. In fact, I don't even want to know when it comes out or arrives at the house. :) It's just too risky because I am a horrible procrastinator.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. Surely your fiancé does not intend on tempting you that way!

Cath@VWXYNot? said...

I love miPhone too! Husbands/fiances who surprise us with iPhones are TEH AWESOME.